Youth Leader Job DescriptionCompensation: Salaried/part-time; 25 hours per month on a flexible time basis and may
include nights and weekends. Starting salary of $500 monthly with potential to grow.
The final candidate offered this position will be required to undergo a background check prior to beginning the duties
of the new position.
Red Top Christian Church in Hallsville, MO is affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). We
are in the Northeast Area of the Mid-America Region. Red Top Christian Church is home to 172 members with a weekly congregation
on average of 62. As a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) with a rich pioneer heritage, Red Top Christian
Church lives and shares Christ's ministry in the present, while planning and growing for the future. We are a congregation
who affirms that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, our Lord and personal Savior. We strive to be faithful in
our daily witness as we meet those who seek Jesus Christ. We invite all to worship with us. All who have accepted and are
seeking Christ are welcome to partake of our weekly service of the Lord's Supper. We practice believer's Baptism by
immersion, emphasizing an individual making his or her own choice when they believe they are ready. Through our ministries,
we emphasize Christian education and fellowship. As we grow together in faith, we reach out to serve the needs of our community
and the world.
The Youth Leader works with our youth from grades
2-12 in two separate groups as determined by the leader and Youth Committee: probably 2-5 and 6-12.
We are in need of an individual that can work with the youth and adult volunteers to discern a vision and build a youth program
that will serve the needs of Red Top Christian Church and the surrounding communities.
Be creative in approach to youth
- Have a passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the way
this relates to youth and families
- Maintain an attitude that is consistent and supportive of
the purpose and mission of Red Top Christian Church
- Appreciate and support the Disciples of
- Deal with all people in a courteous and professional manner
- Possess ability to establish and maintain rapport with youth, parents, congregation members and general public
- Attend worship at Red Top Christian Church regularly
- Be a high school graduate and
21 years of age or older
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead resource person for the youth groups ranging in age from second grade to High School.
- Coordinate with adult volunteers to provide spiritual and recreational activities/ministries for the youth of RTCC
- Develop and maintain a social media network with the youth
- In collaboration with a youth leadership team consisting of parents and other volunteers, organize, coordinate,
promote and participate in youth-oriented programs including fund-raisers, missions, and service projects to help youth become
growing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Coordinate and schedule the volunteers for Sunday Children's
Church and work with adult volunteers to identify a lesson program
- Coordinate one to two activities
per month per age group outside of worship
- Coordinate a combined group activity each quarter
If Interested Please Contact:
17095 N Hwy 124